Internship at the International Department
International Department offers every international student a great opportunity of having an internship at the International Department during a year!
5 reasons why you need it:1. Practice your skills in foreign languages
As you are an international student living in Russia, you should practice your Russian as often as possible. But being engaged into the environment of the International Department lets you practice some other foreign languages or even learn a new language!2. Test-drive your talant
Helping the International Department you can do work of different type and realize what you are good at. You might also explore some new talents in yourself!3. Enhance your professional abilities for your future career
Being involved into office work you will definitely learn something new such as running document management, arranging visits of foreign delegations, contacting different public authorities, having team work, developing your leadership skills, etc.4. Delve into the Russian culture
We understand that it is difficult to get used to new conditions and way of life while studying and living in a foreign country. Being an intern of the International Department will help you to see the university structure from inside and learn more about the Russian life style.5. Get a Certificate for your portfolio
No help and no efforts will be left out! If you try hard and do your best to help the International Department, this will be surely appreciated and awarded with a nice recommendation letter and a Certificate of Completion for your portfolio.
- Plan: individual internship plan with flexible time table (Monday-Friday);
- Duration: from 2 weeks up to 12 months during a year;
- Tutor: a personal tutor from the International Department’s team.
The internship is meant for:
- all international students and recent graduates;
- international students, who study Russian in his/her home university;
- international students, who would like to study in Russia;
- international students of USTU.
The internship directions:
- cooperation with companies/universities all around the world, including oil and gas companies/universities;
- organizing work and work with international students;
- language internship and cultural exchange;
- paperwork management;
- media marketing (mass media work, journalism);
- IT (web design, content management, proof reading, web master, etc.);
- we are ready to consider other options as well.
The internship advantages:
- individual intership plan according to your direction of study;
- flexible time table (during a year);
- accommodation and services with discount (negotiable);
- participating in university/regional/transregional seminars, festivals, conferences, etc.
- working on international projects;
- networking with leading field-oriented universities in oil and gas field, international and transnational companies;
- improving you leadership abilities, working in a team, learning basics in diplomacy, solving problems in stressful situations;
- finding new friends all over the world.
The internship is free of charge.
If you are eager to have an internship program, please fill in the Internship Survey Form below.