Oil and Gas Engineering
Qualification: Bachelor of "Oil and Gas Engineering"
- Gas and Oil Well Drilling;
- Operation and maintenance of oil extraction;
- Exploitation and maintenance of oil and gas fields, gas condensate and underground storages;
- Building and repairing oil and gas pipelines and storages;
- Exploitation and maintenance objects of transportation, oil and gas storage and processing products;
- Exploitation and maintenance objects of Arctic shelf oil and gas complex.
Short desciption: The Oil & Gas Engineering Degree has been designed to provide students with a detailed knowledge of the technology required to pursue a career in the oil and gas industry. The programme gives students both a theoretical and practical grounding in this field, equipping them well to tackle the challenges of this fast evolving industry. Drawing upon a long established track record of excellence in teaching and research, the programme will be delivered by staff from Engineering, Geology, Chemistry, and the Energy Industry each of whom are highly regarded in their field of expertise. The course explores the geology, exploration, drilling, production (surface and subsurface), reservoir engineering and management, distribution and transmission of oil and gas from practical and theoretical viewpoints.
Your future professional skills:
- Participating in the development and design of oil and gas deposits (deposits schematization and creation of a geological model);
- Using modern computer technology and software for designing oil & gas fields;
- Carrying out the construction, repair, reconstruction and restoration of oil and gas wells on land and at sea;
- Maintaining equipment used in construction, repair and renovation of wells;
- Searching and exploration of objects for constructing underground gas storages;
- Design and building oil pipelines and oil & gas storages;
- Assessing risks and take actions to ensure safety in the oil and gas production;
- Organizing work of units engaged in drilling,oil extraction, petroleum products and liquefied gases;
- Maintaining and repairing equipment used in oil and gas production, collecting and preparation of well production, transport and storage of hydrocarbon resources;
- Controling and regulating the extraction of hydrocarbons;
- Letting oil and gas transfer through pipelines, monitor underground storage of gas, oil, distribution of oil, petroleum products and liquefied gases;
- Controling the quality of raw materials, semi-finished and finished products;
- Monitoring compliance with the requirements, rules and standards for field development;
- Organizing jobs, installing equipment, calculating their production capacity and loading.
Career options: Our degree prepares you for a wide range of varied careers: drilling supervisor, geologists, mining engineer, repair and operation of offshore oil and gas wells, the controller in quality oil and oil operator in oil and gas, oil refining technologist.
Internship: students pass industrial practices (internships) and educational practices on drilling, oil and gas enterprises, workover, transport and storage of hydrocarbons, research institutes, as well as in laboratories and university departments.
Reasons to study at Ukhta University: Ukhta city is the Motherland of first Russian oil. There are many oil and gas companies.
Subjects to study:
Gas and Oil Well Drilling
Roll open it
Exploitation and maintenance objects of transportation, oil and gas storage and processing products
Roll open it