SPE DL technical presentation will be held by guest Patrick Brand (USA)
On Monday, 24th January 2018, an SPE DL technical presentation will be held by our guest:
Patrick Brand (USA)
- Founding partner of Blade Energy Partners
- Executive VP Operations at Blade Energy Partners
- Former drilling technology adviser at Mobil
- Former chairman of the IADC Underbalanced Operations and MPD committee and the SPE Rewrite committee for Underbalanced Drilling
- A registered professional engineer in Texas, USA
«Breaking down conventional barriers with managed pressure drilling»
12:00 in the large physical auditorium of the main building of the USTU (13 Pervomaiskaya St.).
Abstract: Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) was introduced in 2000 as an adaptive drilling technology for cost-effectively controlling the pressure profile in the wellbore. Using applied surface pressure, MPD provides an addition degree of freedom in well design and drilling.
MPD has been used successfully to mitigate or eliminate problems in conventional drilling operations. It has been used for early kick detection, drilling through narrow pore pressure/fracture pressure windows, reducing the likelihood of lost returns, identifying and eliminating wellbore breathing (ballooning) issues, and pore pressure/fracture gradient mapping.
All are invited!