Delegation of Rectors of Russia’s Mineral and Oil & Gas Universities Taking Part in St. Petersburg International Economic Forum
On June 18 the 19th Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF) opened in Saint - Petersburg. The Forum is a platform bringing together the leaders of new economic powers to identify and discuss key economic issues facing Russia, emerging markets and the world as a whole. SPIEF involves representatives of various communities to find common ground and develop decision-making mechanisms that will ensure economic growth and stability. St. Petersburg International Economic Forum has been held since 1997, and since 2006 it has been held under the patronage of the President of the Russian Federation.
Over the past decade the Forum was among the most respected and leading platforms for communication between representatives of the business community, universities, heads of states and executive authorities of different countries. SPIEF is visited annually by more than 7,500 participants from Russia and from abroad, including heads of states and governments of developing countries, heads of major companies and leading international experts from among the representatives of science, media and civil society.
Taking active part in the forum is a delegation of rectors of Russia’s mineral and oil and gas universities composed of:
- Vladimir Litvinenko - rector of National Mineral Resources University (University of Mines), chairman of the National Consortium of mineral resources universities;
- Nikolay Tskhadaya - rector of Ukhta State Technical University, vice chairman of the National Consortium of mineral resources universities;
- Ramil Bakhtizin - Rector of Ufa State Petroleum Technological University;
- Oleg Novoselov – Acting Rector of Tyumen State Oil and Gas Technical University;
- Georgy Korshunov - Vice Rector for External Affairs - Chief of staff in the Rector’s Office at Ukhta State Technical University, head of the working group on information and analytical support of the National Consortium of mineral resources universities.
The delegation of universities is taking part in working meetings, various panel discussions, round tables on education, science and innovation, regional development, entrepreneurship, industrial and international cooperation with oil and gas business and on other topical issues of sustainable economic development of Russia.
Also as part of the Rectors delegation's participation in the SPIEF programme, the University of Mines will host a workshop on the strategic development of activities of the Russian National Consortium of mineral resources universities.