Enrolment Procedure: Step by Step
Step 1. Filling in the online Application Form & uploading the documents
Fill in all the required fields in the online application form and upload your educational documents there such as:
- the first Passport page with your picture and name on it;
- the Certificates of completed full secondary or higher education.
Your online application will be processed within 48 hours, on receipt of all required information fields and documents. The documents must be uploaded by filling in the online application form. If you skipped that step, use this link to upload all your documents. Don't send them via email!
Step 2. Having the online interview
If you provide us with a full set of the required documents and your marks are good enough for the enrolment, you will be invited for an online interview via . To make it effective you should possess a high speed internet, Skype installed, a microphon and a camera. After passing it successfully, you will get the Letter of Admission and the Security Deposit Agreement from our side.
Note: 1. The admission office can decline any application without assigning any reasons.
2. A security deposit is a sum of money, which will be kept by the University and used for the return ticket to your country upon completion study at USTU. The amount of the security deposit is different for each country. Please check the amount of the security deposit for your country.
Step 3. Paying the security deposit
After getting the Security Deposit Agreement the first thing you do is to learn it properly paying your attention to every section. Especially mind the section 2, where the amount of the security deposit is indicated. If you agree with every section of the agreement, you can make the payment of the security deposit online. Later please provide us with the receipt confirming your payment. The date of payment is the date of receipt of funds to the University bank account.
Note: 1. The money tranfer from your country to the University bank account must be done in rubles only (but you can pay online using any currency)!
2. You have to pay the security deposit within 2 months from the date your application is approved (the exact date of the deadline will be appeared in the Agreement). If you can't meet the deadline, your application will be rejected. The reapplying for the current year will be no longer possible.
Step 4. Making the invitation letter
As soon as the payments is done and the money is received, you will get the letter of admission from our side. After this, we apply for your invitation letter, which is prepared by Federal Migration Service office.To prepare the invitation letter for you usually takes 35 days. Since May, 2015 we provide our international students with electronic invitation letters, which are sent by e-mail. It is fast, convenient and free of charge.
Note: The personal data is indicated in electronic invitation letters such as date and place of birth, nationality, passport number and etc. except your name. Do not worry, there is no mistake. The electronic invitation letter is made in this way to prevent all your personal information sent via e-mail from getting lost.
Step 5. Getting a visa
After you get your invitation letter and the letter of admission from USTU, you need to turn to the nearest Embassy or Consulate of the Russian Federation in your country for applying for a Russian student visa. You have to bring your international passport and the printed invitation letter with you.
Note: The first visa will be available for 90 days only!
You have to come to the town of Ukhta (the Komi Republic) in the period appointed by International Department. In the case of late arrival the extension of your visa will be impossible (visa extension must be made not less than 35 day before its expiry date). This involves that you have to leave the territory of the Russian Federation after your visa is expired.
It follows the Russian federal migration decree № 430 dated 30th October, 2013 “On the approval of administrative regulation of government service delivery by Federal Migration Service of issue and provision of a visa, extending its validity period, its reissue for a foreign citizen and a stateless person.”
Step 6. Leaving for Russia
Before you leave your country, don’t forget to take the following documents with you:
- your passport and a Russian student visa;
- the Certificates of completed full secondary or higher education;
- notarized Russian translation of documents confirming education and marks of studied subjects;
- the medical certificate of overall health condition including HIV + AIDS certificates;
and inform a coordinator of International Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) about the rout of your trip to Russia and an exact date of arrival according to your ticket information.
Note: All the required documents have to be translated into Russian. For some countries it's important to get the "Apostille" or council legalization for Certificates of completed full secondary or higher education before starting your study in Russia. You can specify these points at the Russian Embassy in your country.
Step 7. Arriving at Ukhta
According to the date of your arrival the coordinator of International Department will meet you at the airport (or railway station) of Ukhta and bring you to the student hostel.
Note: For some countries it is important to get recognition for the Certificate of completed full secondary education. This procedure is made after arriving to Russia.
Step 8. Starting your student life in Russia
There is a list of tasks you have to do upon your arrival at Ukhta first:
- get registered by the Federal Migration Service office of the Russian Federation (within 7 days). You can do it at International Department of USTU;
- pay 100 % tuition fees for the preparatory course (within 10 days);
- go through the medical check-up;
- get the medical insurance (100 $ per year);
- pay for the whole period (12 months) of living in the student dormitory;
- apply for the student visa extension (40 days before its expiry at the latest).
The steps of the enrolment procedure are presented in the picture below